As we predicted from the outset, and increasingly as we mentioned, the prosecutors have entered on the investigation docket other seven names: four are bridge officers, three are managers of Costa Cruises: Executive Vice President Manfred Ursprunger, the head of “crisis unit” Roberto Ferrarini and Paolo Parodi fleet superintendent. This extension of the investigation even against the company’s management team, which was not onboard the ship on Jan. 13, 2011, is strategically crucial for the passenger Costa Concordia, as it automatically determines a direct criminal liability (and therefore also for the civil damages) for everything that happened AFTER the impact on the rocks while the captain was at the controls Schettino.
Another confirmation of our accurate expectations about the full reopening in terms for an agreement, comes from the communicate with which Costa Cruisesrecently announced to passengers that they have extended the deadline for claims, granting an extension for submission of claims by March 31, 2012: obviously this is due to the fact that only a very small part of the passengers who survived the tragedy accepted the proposal for a compensation of 14.000 euros (unofficial sources talk about 10% of total), so the second effort request will probably be less than the first swell, while all the others are awaiting for developments, have requested a claim by lawyers, or even have filed a criminal lawsuit or a civil action.
WE FINALLY GOT TO THIS POINT THAT IS WHAT WE NEED AND WHAT WE WERE WAITING FOR: the prosecutors extension of a direct responsibility for the Managemant of the shipping company, and the demonstration that Costa Cruises is unable to close the compensation agreement with a proposal to 14,000 euros.
FOR THIS REASONS WE HAVE DECIDED TO PROCEED WITH THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS FOR OUR CLIENTS
– Filing of criminal lawsuit against Schettino and all the Managemant of Costa Cruises
– Launch of the online mediation for confidential discussion with Costa Cruises for a proposal on a case by case side
– WAIT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF ONGOING ACTIVITIES TO DETERMINE WHETHER TO PROCEED IN THE CRIMINAL TRIAL OR A CIVIL ONE
We will send you shortly all the documentation and a schedule for possible contact telephone or video conference chat.
Siamo finalmente arrivati a questo punto che è ciò che stavamo aspettando e quanto ci è necessario: l’estensione da parte della Procura di una responsabilità diretta per il Managemant della compagnia di navigazione, e la dimostrazione che Costa Crociere non è in grado di chiudere l’accordo di compensazione con la proposta di 14.000 euro.
Per questo motivo ABBIAMO deciso di procedere con le seguenti azioni PER I NOSTRI CLIENTI
– Presentazione di querela penale contro Schettino e tutto il Managemant di Costa Crociere
– Lancio della azione di mediazione per la discussione confidenziale con Costa Crociere per una proposta, caso per caso.
– Attendere lo sviluppo delle attività in corso per determinare se PROCEDERE NEL PROCESSO PENALE O CIVILMENTE